Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Classic City Classic thoughts

Of every tournament I've ever been to in my entire life, I was more miserable at this one than any I've ever been to. I played 2.1 games, but played as badly as I have ever played. In fact, when I think back, I honestly can't think of a time I've ever played that badly. Ever. Wanna talk about leaving a bad taste in my mouth for the winter.

I start my PT again on Tuesday, and will explore surgical options. I'm scrrrrrrd.

As a team, the O line was awful all weekend. We never seemed to be clicking...except in the Georgia Tech game (I think). Our zone offense was pretty awful, and was a major factor in our loss to Wisconsin and Davidson. Davidson...we lost...to Davidson. There were simply too many drops, throwaways, and other unforced errors. Those are killer.

A positive aspect of the weekend was Sean's performance, most of the time. He did an unusually good job of not causing turnovers, which was very encouraging. He has the best overall skills on the team, so as long as he can keep his turnovers down, the possibilities are endless. There were times when he started to lose his discipline - notably, in the Davidson game and at one other point in the weekend that I can't remember anymore - but there was definite growth between Sean at UDel and Sean at CCC. This is awesome. I think in large part to Sean, the D line was scoring on far more offensive posessions than they did at UDel. This all being said, the D line needs to figure out what's going on with playing zone offense, because whatever we were doing in the Davidson game didn't work. Either way, well done Sean, I <3 you.

Blah for winter and injuries and other things that are really weird in my life right now. End transmission.

1 comment:

Sean said...

God Bless David Vatz. Even if I disagree with much of what you said about me ;-)

I do still need to get my act together.

"Leave the turnovers to someone else"
-Munter